Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

It's been a while since I last posted, and after being gone for so long, I realized I probably shouldn't disappear off the face of the Earth without prior notice.  I will try to post regularly from now on.  Let's see how every Friday before noon works out.

Alright, so this weekend was filled with a lot of fun.  First of all, congratulations to my cousin Justin, who recently joined the air force and completed basic training.  He is the first of my cousins to serve in the U.S. military, and we're all extremely proud of him.



To celebrate, I made him a cake with the United States flag and Air Force logo. 


Back of the cake

And from another angle.

Afterward, I had the privilege of baking with the sweetest person in the world, Cathleen. It was a great way to relax after a tough week at school.

We made cake balls and cupcakes. First we made cake balls, but didn't have a spoon to dip them in the chocolate, so we used what we had... a measuring spoon.

Oops, didn't quite turn out as well as we hoped!  
Can you find the heart and two Easter bunnies?

(They're in there somewhere - I promise)


Then we used the cake balls to turn half of the cupcakes into pandas.

Cathleen thought hers looked like an alien.
I disagree. I think it's cute :)

And my attempt.

Then we turned the other half of the cupcakes into Easter baskets.

It was Cathleen's idea to use Twizzlers for the basket handles.
  
 Aren't they adorable?

Alright, I'm off to play with my gum paste tool kit which I proudly bought for 50% off at Michael's. Perhaps I'll show you on Friday what I can conjure with it. Ta-ta!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...