Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fondant Fun: My First Real Encounter

Ok, so I lied about my first experience with fondant. I'm sorry I lied, I promise it won't become a regular thing on here. My brother's Transformers cake wasn't really my first time working with fondant. I actually played around with it earlier in the week, but not on cake. My first encounter with fondant was with, yes, you guessed it... CUPCAKES. I practiced my fondant work on cupcakes :-)

I thought now would be an appropriate time to come clean since all I've been thinking about this week is well, cupcakes.

I did a very sloppy job of applying my crumb coat and sticky coat because I was so excited to decorate them.

I even stacked two cupcakes, but this one got eaten before I could decorate (my cousins were over that night).

And here is my first fondant-covered "cake"


I decided to paint my second fondant-covered cake, but didn't realize I needed to dilute my icing colors with an alcohol based product rather than plain water. It didn't turn out as pretty as I imagined.


I'm not the only one who had fun. My little brother enjoyed keeping me company.




































Together, we had lots and lots of fun...

Don't worry, I'm better now at minimizing baking messes :-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...