Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pink Birthday Cake


It feels good to be back :) I've been so busy this past month that I've barely had time to even breathe!  Well, maybe not that busy, but you understand what I mean.  I recently started my MCAT classes and things have been tough, so blog posts between now until I take the MCAT (probably March 2011) will be sporadic, and sometimes rare.  Yes, I understand that's probably not the best way to keep your interest in my blog, but "Professional Cake Decorator" comes second on my to-do list.  First things first!

I made this cake for Deborah's 20th birthday. She's a wonderful person and an amazing friend, so this is my way of saying "Hey, I think you're awesome."  The cake is Funfetti with strawberry jam filling and cream cheese icing.





And finally, the obligatory "cutting the cake" picture:

Fondant tends to darken over time, hence the darker pink color. 
Just a little FYI, in case you freaked out about the color change :)

Happy Birthday, Deborah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...